Answered By: Jana Ronan
Last Updated: Oct 29, 2014     Views: 75

If you are looking for information about the government agency that manages fostercare in our area, the name of the agency is the Partnership for Strong Families.  People who wish to become foster parents take classes on parenting at the Partnership headquarters, and go through a background check and licensing procedures to be approved as foster parents.  The URL is, and the Partnership website provides information on becoming a foster parent.

If you are looking for articles on foster parenting in general, try searching in these UF Libraries' databases:  Academic Search Premier, Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts, and PsycInfo.  You will find journal articles on this topic. Use the search terms "foster care", "foster children" and "foster parents" combined with the aspect of this service you are looking for.  For example, are you looking for the history of foster care, or are you looking for statistics to see how many children are in foster care?

Related Topics

Contact Us